Friday, June 6, 2008

Akshaye gets candid


Akshaye Khanna may be shy and reserved, but when it’s ‘lights, camera, and action’ time — he switches gears to deliver some power-packed performances.


The talented actor, who’s now gearing up for his next film, minces no words as he speaks to BT about matters close to his heart...

Are you anxious about your new film?

A little bit on the edge. It’s all part of the business. Everyone feels anxious and a bit impatient to see how a film is accepted by the audiences. A genuinely feel-good film is releasing after quite some time. The last one I think was Taare Zameen Par.

If a film of yours does not do well... how do you cope?

How do I deal with a film flopping? I really don’t have an answer. But then, I don’t know how to deal with a successful film either. Actually, success is more difficult to deal with than failure. And how one deals with success says a lot about the person. Bigger the success, more difficult it is to handle. It can corrupt you. Your upbringing, maturity as a person, has a lot to do with how you deal with success.

You play Paresh Rawal’s son in this Priyadarshan movie Mere Baap Pehle Aap...

We have great chemistry on screen and that’s also because we genuinely like each other and get along very well. We’ve done a good five to six films together.

In real life what’s your relationship with your dad like?

My father has never imposed anything on his children. He is like that with everybody. He is very much a ‘live and let live’ kind of a guy. We are more like friends.

If not an actor what would you be?

Hard to say, but I’ve always been fascinated by flying, something I still want to pursue. When I was a kid I wanted to be a fighter pilot. I even went to the Air Force office and got a form for myself.

What about criticism? How do you react to it?

All my friends are people who are totally honest. Sometimes I get upset by their honesty! Of course, I appreciate it and wouldn’t like it any other way! Talking about critics, the press has been quite kind. However, I would question a couple of critics who I feel have no credentials. Everyone has freedom of expression except the film industry! Actually, this problem of censorship applies to all creative fields. It’s a national shame that somebody like M F Husain, who probably knows more about Hinduism than some Hindus themselves, has to live abroad. Why should a couple of hundred people dictate what society should be like?

Like your dad, would you get into politics at some point?

Politics is part of everyday life. Everybody is a politician. We are a politically active country. But, I don’t think a career in politics interests me. You can never say never, though, but at the moment — it’s no.

On the personal front, are you still single?

Yes, and I intend to keep it that way as long as I can!

You are quite shy and reserved as a person...

I am a very shy person, but I’m not a loner. I love being around people, but I’m still very reserved. It’s a strange combination!

(TOI)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Akshaye Khanna's interview is among the ones that I would be so keen to read. I enjoy reading the interview of his.

Anonymous said...

Love this interview. Akshaye Khanna looks cute and cool with his cool-cum-cute car Reva. Now, I can understand why Akshoo says that "I’m not a loner". Guess why...I guess that may be Reva - the car is Akshaye Khanna's girlfriend. It seems that he spends most of his time with Reva.

Anonymous said...

His new blue car is cute, isn't it?

neausley said...

click for more dolabuy.ru check out here replica designer backpacks you can try this out dolabuy.su