Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Gandhi--My Father nominated

Gandhi, My Father was the only Indian movie chosen by the Indian government to be showcased at the Incredible India festival celebrating 60 years of our country’s Independence at Madame Tussauds in New York recently.

Even as intellectuals debate on whether actor Anil Kapoor’s first production, Gandhi, My Father should have been India’s official entry to the Oscars, the movie is making waves on international waters regardless.

Gandhi, My Father was the only Indian movie chosen by the Indian government to be showcased at the Incredible India festival celebrating 60 years of our country’s Independence at Madame Tussauds in New York recently.

The movie was screened to a packed house and Anil was felicitated at the Lincoln Centre amidst much fan fare and Gandhi giri . “The response was stupendous. Gandhi, My Father is the only movie to be nominated at the Asia Pacific Awards to be held on November 13 in the Gold Coast, Australia, for Best Screenplay and has also been invited to the Australian Film Festival as the opening film and at the Tokyo Film Festival in the competition section later this month. Unfortunately, I won’t be able to go as I am in Vienna shooting for Yuvraj and right after this, I’m shooting for Tashan . And then, of course, my daughter Sonam’s movie Saawariya is releasing next month so I am busy. But my director Feroz Abbas Khan and Akshaye Khanna will be attending the festivals,” says a proud Anil from Vienna.

Has his first production being received so well across the globe propelled him to produce more movies? “My next, Short Kut is already on the floor,” he says. Good going!

(Times of India)

Award season begins. The movie is nominated for screenplay. Fingers crossed Akshaye will be nominated at one of the international festivals.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wish Akshaye Khanna and Gandhi, My Father all the best.