Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Akshaye trying to change himself

Actor Akshaye Khanna says that he was trying his best to change his image as a moody and temperamental person to become more at peace with himself.

"I am a little moody...but certainly not snobbish as people perceive. But I am trying my best to change this image and become more at peace with myself," Akshaye told PTI in an interview.

The actor said he was not comfortable talking about his personal life.

"Maybe that is why people say I am recluse. I always talk to the media when there is a film release round the corner. Otherwise what will I speak to the people about? 'Shortkut' is releasing on July ten and I'm talking to you," he said.

Akshaye rejected speculations that he has a problem with co-star Arshad Warsi and refused to promote Shortkut with him and that producer Anil Kapoor was miffed.

"There was no problem between me and Arshad during the making of the film. We both are professionals and Arshad is a fantastic actor and has done a brilliant job in the film. Anil is like my elder brother and he would always be one for me," he said.

Akshaye said he could not attend the press conference at IIFA because he was unwell.

"Like any elder brother and producer Anil called me to check on the dates for the promotion of the film. Now if media calls that a rift between him and me then I can't help it," he said.

Speaking about Shortkut, Akshaye said he plays a struggling assistant who wants to become a successful director.

"The story is very good. I liked my role very much. Earlier Anil Kapoor was supposed to do my role and I was to do Arshad's but later Anil decided just to produce it and not get into acting," he said.

The script was first written by Anees Bazmi and then re-written by Neeraj Vora, he said adding that both the writers are genius at comedy.

"So I was assured that the film is going to be hillarious," Akshaye said.

He said comedy is difficult because you need to look as natural as possible in front of the camera.

"You cannot overact or look expressionless...the scene will fall flat otherwise," he said.

"Even if the comedy is over the top, it should come across as a natural act and should not look forced. Now that's a task...if you achieve it, you do a good job," he said.

Referring to the comedies he has done so far, Akshaye said comedy has been situational for all his characters in comedies.

"I prefer doing a comedy that everybody in the family can watch together," he said.

The actor who has portrayed negative characters in Abbas Mustan's films like Race, Humraaz and also acted in comedy films like Hulchul, Hungama as well as an unusual performance in Gandhi-my father, says he looks for creative satisfaction while doing a film.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's good that he is trying to change himself. He is mature enough to try his best for his own good.