Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Akshaye's finest

Gandhi_My Father's DVD is reviewed here.It beautifully answers the nitpicking of many Naach Gaana type reviews:

I think it is much to his credit that Akshaye Khanna does so much with a script that leaves his character largely incomplete. As his physicality changes (so many hairstyles!), Harilal's sadness is constant but unfixed. There's no rigidity in his performance, no calcified bitterness. The character may sink overall, but he injects glimmers and wobbles along the way, suggesting that the story is more complex than just failure and that Harilal was at least sometimes connected to the people and world around him and able to participate in occasional joys and interests. He's really, really good - I'd say he's at his finest since Dil Chahta Hai.

PS: Link fixed and now directs you to Beth's blog

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah that's his finest performance, and Akshaye Khanna should definitely get an award for Gandhi My Father at least - best actor critic award.

Anonymous said...

^ Of course Akshaye Khanna must win Best Actor Critic Award for his stunning performance in Gandhi My Father. However even Abhishek Bachchan deserves to win the same award category for his author-backed role in Guru.

If it's possible then both Akshaye Khanna (GMF) and Abhishek Bachchan (GURU) can win the best actor critic category whereas Shah Rukh Khan can win best actor popular category for Chak De India.

And yes Akshaye Khanna deserves to be awarded for his role - Harilal Gandhi along with Abhishek Bachchan.

Beth Loves Bollywood said...

That's my post. I don't know what that website is but they've copied my entire review of the movie without my permission or even crediting me directly. Jerks.

But I'm glad you liked what I had to say :)

Anonymous said...

^ Hi Beth, where were you?! I was missing you! Welcome Back Beth, please visit this blog as often as you can.

akshayefan said...

Oops. I didn't know that. I will edit the psot again to give proper credit.

Glad you liked AK's performance! Hope we have wooed you back into Akshaye's camp from Shashi's camp.