Thursday, November 22, 2007

No NRI Gal, Only Desi Maal

Okay, his private life is more of a top secret than a nuclear formula. Yet there are whispers that he's quite a Chhupa Rustam. Be that as it may, he's one cool actor.. which is why Roshmila Bhattacharya unlocks the infuriatingly tight-lipped Akshaye Khanna

Have to start with this – it seems you're flying off to New York.. for one of your regular rendezvous with an NRI girlfriend.
What !

May I take your temperature?
Thanks but I'm fine. If I'm going anywhere in the next few days, it's to Goa to shoot for Priyadarshan's film.

In other words, you're denying the rumour that you have an Indian-born girlfriend settled in New York.. there was talk about a girlfriend in Germany too.
I must be really going global. But none of this talk is true. Just give me desi maal.

That sounds terribly chauvinistic.
It's just a manner of speaking.

"A guest appearance is easy because you're not carrying the film on your shoulders. But even if it's a small role it must be significant. Brad Pitt made a five-minute, two-scene appearance in Thelma & Louise."Your former girlfriend Tara Sharma, from childhood days, gave you up to marry someone else. Anything to say?
(Stares daggers) No comments.

Et tu? Okay, now tell me how did Aditya Chopra get you to do a cameo in Aaja Nachle? Aren't you supposed to be picky choosy?
Look, a guest appearance is easy because you're not carrying the film on your shoulders. But even if it's a small role it must be significant. Brad Pitt made a five-minute, two-scene appearance in Thelma & Louise. It was his first appearance in a major Hollywood movie and yet it's remembered.

Was Madhuri Dixit a lure too?
(Smiles) Madhuri's lovely.. very down-to-earth. And as good an actress as she was during Mohabbat.

Did you get to dance with her?
Matching steps with any actress is a problem for me.. with Madhuri it's doubly difficult. So thank God, I wasn't expected to dance.

Race is being touted as one of the first biggies of 2008. Will it live up to the hype?
It can't go wrong. It's a much bigger film than you can imagine!

"I accepted Shortcut because it's such an exciting script, total masala! It's supposed to be Arshad Warsi's best role after Circuit. I agree."But in January, north India is hit by a cold wave and school students have examinations. Isn't that wrong release strategy?
Rang de Basanti came in January too. Need I say more?

It seems, it's because of your bonding with Anil Kapoor that you have given the nod to Shortcut which he is producing.
I accepted Shortcut because it's such an exciting script, total masala! It's supposed to be Arshad Warsi's best role after Circuit. I agree.

And are you Munnabhai?
(Laughs) I wish.

How do you look back at Gandhi, My Father?
A small segment loved it. But the majority found it too slow. I did, too, when I saw it in totality I think . basically the viewers wanted us to take sides but the film was neither for Harilal nor against the Mahatma.

Salaam-e-Ishq was a three-hour plus marathon too.
Yes, I had some issues over its length but since I saw the film only two days before its release, it was too late to offer any advice. Still I loved it. I'd never played an over-the-top character. So much of the performance wasn't on paper but improvised. Poor Nikhil, the press went hammer and tongs at him.

When you see a Salaam-e-Ishq or Naqaab going off-track don't you want to intervene?
I'm not a film critic. When I see the finished product I express my thoughts to the producer and director. That's my right and my responsibility. It's their prerogative to listen to me.. or not.

Don't you want to be your own boss?
I don't want to take on direction, it's not my field of expertise. But film production interests me. I'm on the lookout for a script.

Will it bring the three Khannas -Vinod, Akshaye and Rahul-together?
Neither are we writers nor directors. So we have to wait for the right story. People won't come to see a film because a father and his sons are acting in it.

"My father has always done exactly what he wants to. If he doesn't enjoy something, he'll stop doing it. So I guess, he must be happy with Mere Apne."They went to see Apne for the Deols.
I went to see Apne because I found the promos interesting. And the Deols were great!

You went for the Saawariya premiere. What did you think of it?
Sanjay's (Bhansali) focus was on the boy and girl he was launching. As a showcase for them, he scored a perfect 10. Ranbir (Kapoor) and Sonam (Kapoor) were exceptional. I've been through a much-hyped launch myself.. I know how important it is to live up to the sky high expectations.

Would you team up with Sonam?
I'd love to. She's a mix of Rekha and.. (shrugs.) She's today's girl with the lingering fragrance of the old world.

Why weren't you in the star-studded Om Shanti Om title track?
You'll have to ask Farah Khan that. She didn't ask me to be there.

Have you seen OSO?
Not yet.. The person closest to me adored it. Rahul told me he didn't want the film to end. I haven't heard him say that about any film lately.

What's your take on your father's serial Mere Apne?
My father has always done exactly what he wants to. If he doesn't enjoy something, he'll stop doing it. So I guess, he must be happy with Mere Apne. I've been working way past 10 in the night, so I haven't caught it yet. I've had the episodes taped though.

Did you see your dad in Risk?
I hang my head in shame.. I haven't. The last six months have been really hectic. I haven't had any time for myself.

(HTTimes)

Hey I don't think it was chavunistic, I thought it was funny in a risuq sort of way.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

He was being sarcastic in a fun way it seems with that comment.

He admits that rumors are good fun so, I don't think he's really taking it so seriously lol.

Anonymous said...

I love the way Akshaye Khanna talks and reacts in this interview!

Anonymous said...

^ me too...Akshaye Khanna is a straight-forward guy, very frank and outspoken.

Anonymous said...

I would be happy if Akshaye Khanna teams up with Sonam Kapoor in a movie...

Anonymous said...

I wonder why didn't Farah Khan cast Akshaye Khanna as guest appearance in OSO...

Anonymous said...

I think Akshaye Khanna is too young to get marry now!

Unknown said...

nike roshe one
harden shoes
hermes belts for men
true religion jeans
prada glasses
michael kors outlet online
adidas ultra boost uncaged
pandora jewelry
authentic jordans
nike air max

raybanoutlet001 said...

ugg boots
coach outlet
prada outlet
nike roshe
michael kors outlet online
longchamp outlet
ugg outlet
michael kors outlet
miami heat jersey
fitflops

jeje said...

Ces couleurs peuvent asics gel lyte v da vinci même être combinées sur le même produit. Nike cortez nike femme 365 Dunk Substantial peut être une tendance très chaussure nike air max 90 femme populaire aujourd'hui quand il s'agit de vêtements de la asics gel rocket femme argent rue. Quelque chose que vous ne air jordan pas cher belgique pouvez pas attendre de toute cette folie stogie baskets homme nike air max 2017 est chacun des petits problèmes qui se Asics Femme posent avec le tabac à cigares: l'humidor, cutter, asics gel lyte argent femme et plus léger, pour n'en nommer que quelques-uns. asics femme bleu et jaune

yanmaneee said...

hermes birkin
cheap nfl jerseys
nike flyknit
fila disruptor
nike lebron 15
yeezy 700
balenciaga shoes
yeezy boost 350 v2
christian louboutin shoes
off white hoodie

notho said...

Learn More Here try this web-site additional resources article source click over here now read the full info here

shethadys said...

h7f89g7o18 i9p48t0m17 j8h13l6n87 l3e97e2y93 p0x77z8y67 p3c86d7c91