Thursday, December 18, 2008

No Problem

Anees Bazmee is all set to direct No Problem for Anil Kapoor Productions. But will UTV which owns the title be willing to part with it?

Explains Anees, "That's right. The title No Problem is with UTV. I was supposed to make another comedy of that title for UTV with Ajay Devgan, Nana Patekar and Riteish Deshmukh. That didn't happen. I'm committed to make another comedy with Akshay Kumar for UTV. But the title No Problem suits Anil Kapoor's film. I hope UTV will part with it."

Explaining his single-minded focus on directing comedies Anees says, "It's the need of the times. Who wants to go to a movie theatre and be lost in gloom for three hours? The times are awful. People need diversion from their everyday worries. Even my next film with Salman Khan for T Series will be a comedy."

Anees has decided to stick to his jovial genre. "No Problem will be an out and out comedy with Sanjay Dutt, Akshaye Khanna and Anil Kapoor. I've worked with the other two, but Sanjay Dutt will be a first time."

As a writer-turned-director, Anees has many compulsions. "I can't direct comedies with double meanings which are so much in vogue. So I've to write my own comedies to make sure there's no vulgarity. I've written 51 films so far. Writing the film I direct slows down the process. But No Problem must be made because it's a brand name, Look at Golmaal."

Anees claims he hasn't seen Golmaal or its sequel. "But Ajay Devgan is a dear friend. And I'm very proud of Rohit Shetty who was my assistant…just like I once assisted Raj Kapoor Saab. That's when I met Boney, Anil and Sanjay. And I'm happy to have directed films for all three brothers as producers (Anees' It's My Life with Harman Baweja is produced by Sanjay Kapoor)."

Getting nostalgic Anees says, "During those good old days Chimpu (Rajiv) Kapoor and Sanjay Kapoor used to act in the short films that I used to photograph."

(Indiainfo)


We know at least one movie AK will be doing after Shotkut.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, at last!!

Hope, he gets good role in No Problem!

Anonymous said...

Hi Akshayefan and Guys-Anonymous,

Akshaye Khanna got a nomination - best actor in a negative role for Race at Stardust Awards 2009.

Please go and vote for Akshoo.
http://stardustawards.in/