Friday, September 21, 2007

'Rumours are good fun'

Akshaye Khanna, who claims he's single, is quite amused with his link-up rumours and has actually started enjoying them. HTTabloid quizzes the actor on rumours, chicks and more.

Do you think it’s difficult being a bachelor in the film industry?
No, I don’t think so. I am enjoying my status as a bachelor.

But every now and then there are rumours of your affair. Don’t they irritate you?
Not at all. I fully enjoy rumours of my affairs. I am beyond that stage when I used to feel disturbed about rumours of my affairs with X, Y and Z. You know rumours are good fun. Sometimes I myself feel surprised when I hear gossips of my affair.


Akshaye Khanna: Enjoying his single status
Like the recent one where I was liked with a girl from New York. I don’t know from where it has come and who started it. But it’s very strange that people associate me with girls who don’t even exist on this earth.

But actors always hide their affairs. Don’t you think so?
It varies from person to person. Some like to keep it a secret and the others let it know to everybody. But media always blow such things out of proportion.

So you are not hiding anything about you affair.
First of all I would not like to have a girl from a foreign country as my partner. So any affair with a girl in some foreign country is out of question. I was born and brought up with Indian values and traditions. So I prefer someone with Indian look, style and tradition.

So is there any Indian girl who is close to your heart?
Not yet. I have met a couple of girls but nothing has worked out yet. I am not in a hurry also. I am really happy to be single. I am having good time.

From HTTabloid

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, unlike Saif Ali Khan, Akshay Kumar, Salman Khan, Amir Khan,,,, Akshaye Khanna is "brought up with Indian values and traditions" and he wants to follow them. Very Good, Akshaye Khanna!! ;)

Anonymous said...

So this means that Akshaye Khanna is not a vagabond. Nice real character of Akshaye Khanna. The one who will be his life-partner will be lucky.

akshayefan said...

I know he is such a decent guy. I think a playboy type would be more interesting. Still, no complaints as he does movies as long as I live

Anonymous said...

A playboy type suits Akshaye Khanna in both reel life and real life.

Anonymous said...

Akshaye Khanna said "I have met a couple of girls but nothing has worked out yet". But, who are these girls? Do you guys have ideas?

Anonymous said...

I think these girls are his co-stars. Rimi Sen, Kareena Kapoor, Amrita Rao, Ayesha Takia, Priyanka Chopra, Urvashi Sharma, Bhumika Chawla, Katrina Kaif, and Bipasha Basu apart from Tara Sharma. Or may be Vidya Balan where he had two scenes with her in Salaam-e-Ishq! ;)

Anonymous said...

Tara Sharma is nice in Page 3. I wish that Akshaye Khanna and Tara Sharma work together onscreen at least once.

Akshaye Khanna looks good with Vidya Balan in those scenes of Salaam-e-Ishq. Hope they are cast together in a movie very soon.